Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Breaking Through

After many, many, weeks, I was finally able to sit down on Sunday afternoon and write
a couple short poems. THe first one was very lighthearted, poking fun at getting grey hair. The second was a little more serious...a cathartic reflection over these past three months. I can honestly say it has been the hardest challenge I've ever faced physically and emotionally. It was harder than quitting smoking, and more challenging than my months in the police academy. But that which doesn't do us in, makes us stronger (or something like that!)....I'm beginning to I feel as though I have finally reached the corner, and I'm ready to turn. Just being able to sit down and write some ideas down the other day, for me, it was breaking through...

No comments:

Post a Comment