Friday, June 11, 2010

Life's Disappointments

It has been some time since I have written but the garden has been blooming and I have been quite busy tending the tender greens. I will plant some beans either late today, after the heat of the day, ugh...or tomorrow morning early. Never
too late for beans. The first type is Burpee's French Filet (oh those Hericote Vertes!)pencil thin, 3'7" long, Stringless & mild. Second type is NK Cherokee Wax yellow bean, a great bush bean withstands weather & disease and has a nice upright habit so pods stay clean. These I plant intermittently right up to fall. I also
got a gift from Lavender Fields that did not have the Chamomile I ordered. So they gave me 2 black Tula tomato plants which are in the gound and growing slow but sure.
The time these past couple weeks have consumed each day with planting, pruning, and a little writing added to the mix. My article on organic farming is coming along. I brought the topic up at the writers club which got a positive response.
I do have to admit that I have not been successful in contacting the Western VP
of the Poetry Society...and I don't know why? At first his emails were returned
undeliverable. Now, they appear to have been sent, just no response. I am only looking into where there may be a poetry workshop in Lynchburg, or even some type
of creative writing seminars etc. My requests to the Poetry Society came back with somewhat disappointing results. It was a polite "oh, ah, well, here are a few emails, good luck with that". So I continue to look, something will come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment