Thursday, May 6, 2010

Write Now

I worked in the garden for just a short while today. Spreading newspaper
and straw around the beds, hopefully to keep the weeds at bay. Talk about strange. I grabbed the newspapers I had been saving in the garage and headed to the garden. (the strange part) The first paper I go to place on the ground has the picture of our friend Rudy. He was finally being recognized with the Bronze star & Purple Heart "65" years after his heroic actions in the WWII Pacific Campaign in the Phillipines. So there was the first newspaper I go to place on the ground. Ofcourse I didn't. Rudy's picture and story was carefully placed off the side and back to the house. Steve has an appropriate frame for our friend which will displayed in a special place. (Of all the papers in that big stack, I call that, Karma). There are many stories laying on the ground under that straw in my garden - but dear Rudy, at 86 and going strong, will always be with us.

Write Now, my favorite writing group, was canceled tonight. Our leader, Betsy, flat out with a bad back sprain. Hmm, can relate to that. We will meet again on the 20th. I have been writing everyday...ideas at least anyway. Some good, some?? (that's why I miss my writing group)~

No comments:

Post a Comment