Saturday, May 8, 2010

Windy Daze

Quite windy today, but I believe the veggies will take it being they have been in the ground for a week. Steve was working on the tractor and saw a hummer,back for
the summer! I dusted my feeders off, filled them and hung them up. They glisten as they hang from the pergola. I can watch them feed from the kitchen window, but haven't seen a one yet! I did see an Indigo Bunting at my field Feeder. Neighbor Carol lays claim to this beauty, that it visits her feeder daily. Perhaps it decided to try the cuisine over this way!
On to the veggies I planted: Peppers: Capsicum annuum "Sweet Chocolate" Bell Pepper, early, shiny green that turns a deep brown with smooth 2.5 to 4" blunt ended, mild flavor, medium flesh, produces good yields of early fruit.
"Golden Wonder" is heirloom similar to Cal. Wonder, exceedingly sweet, Matures 70-78 days. Tomatoes: "Pineapple" heirloom, is a bicolored beefsteak, indeterminate, large sweet, & meaty, up to 2lbs of fruit. "Rutgers" heirloom, from NJ, introduced in 1934, a cross between a J.D.T. used by the Campbell Soup Co. and a Marglobe. It's flavor for slicing & sauce is still unmatched! Tall plants, red fruit, slightly flattened, indeterminate, m-74 days.
"Sweet Million" cherry is indeterminate. Produces 1-1.2" crack resistant, tomato. Very sweet, matures 75 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment