Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Williamsburg

Willamsburg, an 18th century city of wealth & priviledge for the most part. But it
is also a place where men such as Thomas Jefferson emerged to create our beloved country. So glad we are not far from here, our favorite Virginia city! The history, the feeling of something more bigger than yourself when you see the artifacts at Jamestown. (we were there in 1994 when they first began their archeological dig, now
over 40,000 artifacts including skeletal remains of whom they believe to be one of the first English women in Jamestown. Everyone should come to Williamsburg just once..the story of our founding fathers is better any famous writer could pen!
On to the beauty of the gardens - which WIlliamsburg has an abundance of..
We missed the tulip blooms but some of thier gardens are still outstanding! Ironically Williamsburg gardners found that annual snapdragons reseed very well and put on a beautiful show the following year. My snapdragons were just beginning to bloom and were looking beautiful! I would love to post a pic but ofcourse I left both cameras on the kitchen table! I will have one for the poetry festival. I need to take some pics of that. I did not write anything in the past two days but have been gathering some ideas for some projects. I am hoping to find the much needed inspiration I need to follow through with these couple projects. I've been kicking them around inside my brain. If I don't do something with them, they will be lost and forgotten. I've never done either project before. But, what do they say about nothing ventured?
"Perseverance is the great element of success. If you knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment