Saturday, August 27, 2011

Rockfish Valley

After a few switchbacks we arrived in Rockfish Valley. We drove through Nelly's Ford to the Nelson County Farmers Market...then on to Rockfish Gap Country Store and a great meal at Devil's Backbone Brewery. We sat on the porch watching the rain bands of Hurricane Irene drape the valley but it didn't take away from its beauty. Couldn't wait to taste some of that homemade blueberry pie we bought. But it wasn't til what happened in the the middle of the night that made this day right.



The switchbacks aren't as hairy as some up on the Blue Ridge but I wouldn't want it as part of my daily commute!



Stoney Creek is where the Nelson Co. Farmers Market sets up every Saturday morning.

If you click on the pic to enlarge it...you'll see this woman posed for me
perfectly in the background, matching my buddies...only I didn't even see her 'til after I took the shot! Couldn't planned it better - kinda funny!






So much stuff at this farmers market, 'cept my pepper jelly guy wasn't

there. Someone told me he wasn't going to be back 'til next summer. :(


Something about children and live music! It was a pretty good bluegrass band and the kids twirled and danced around in front of them!


The rain bands got a little heavier just as we got to Devil's Backbone.

The concert got rained out but no one seemed to mind though. Their

glazed cherry Jalapeno wings are the best!!!

We left during a lull in the rain and headed home. I picked up some goodies from Rockfish Valley Country store. My son-in-law Eric ought to like the hot pickled okra we bought for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment