Saturday, July 30, 2011

Poetry Corner

While on a trip to Brevard, N.C. recently I came across several shops selling used books. One had rooms just filled with books! It looked like
even the garage finally got cleaned out or someone got themselves a Kindle and decided to give up their library! In any event, I had the pleasure of wandering through the rows and picking up some good finds.
One book is titled "How to Say It" and the other is "Handbook for Writers". Both should prove to be helpful references for writing. Even
better, they were worth every bit of the five dollar donation I made to the humane society. The third book was a most interesting little chapbook written by a teacher from Brevard, N.C., and dedicated to her students. . I'm wonder if at least one or two of these are tucked up on a shelf of one of those students, or maybe a family member. Safe to say it's been some years since anyone cared to read them...until now. So this is a poem from the book called "The Dance Goes On" by Mary Etta Perry. The poem is called {With Interest' .... When you are pleased, you give me back to myself! And I am pleased when I find some of myself in you. --Once I found the taste of me, salty, on your lip. When there is love, I can let you take me away from myself, and give me back again.} Such a Beautiful Love Poem...Thank you Ms. Perry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment