Friday, June 3, 2011

Beautiful day to do....

It... was a BEAUTIFUL morning! It was the kind of morning back when I was a kid and I wanted to play hooky and go to the beach. It was that kind of morning back when I would just finish a late midnight shift then go down to the beachfront for a quick cup
of coffee while taking in the sunrise alone and think of taking off for the day, and letting the family fend for themselves! ... But I never did either one. And I guess that's why I have a hard time doing it now...and really have to talk myself into the fact that it's ok to just pick up and leave Dodge for the day. The weeds will still be growing through the mulch, the dust on the floor will still swirl when I open the door, and there will always be dishes to put away. Time to cut the hardwire that
sometimes keeps us all from being spontaneous. So the dogs ate an hour later today, and they survived. And, the vacuum sat in the closet. We grabbed a few maps, no gps, and off we went, further west, and down some pretty roads, found a great farm store with local grown produce, bread, jams, etc. Stopped for a glass of fermented grapes and headed home with a smile. Yes it was...a beautiful day to do!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment