Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lavender Fields

My absence from posting was a well deserved vacation to WIlliamsburg Va.The gardens were beautiful, however, to my own dismay, my brand new Cannon digital slr was left sitting on the kitchen table. oh well, We came home to 3 days of rain and all the lettuce has now become buggy!:O I will pull it and what's usuable will go into the compost, along w/some bolted cabbage. (amazing what happens when gone for a week!) The tending and attention gives way to wild weeds and bug infestation! While in the
burg, we went to their farmers market and found "lavender fields" an organic farm just outside Richmond. Their plants were great! Healthy and certified organic! I did not want them to sit in a hot car so I ordered them. They should be in next week.
I'm anxious to see how the "lime Thyme" and "orange Thyme" will do. The orange scented thyme was fantastic! Stay tuned for their arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment